Our commitment at Lumo is to delivering a consistent, high quality service, making journeys easy, convenient and above all ensuring that accessibility is at the forefront of each and every stage of the customer journey. Our aim is to ensure that the needs of customers, their companions and assistance dogs, requiring assistance are properly considered in all aspects of the customer journey, enabling them to travel confidently and independently.
We also recognise the importance of improving the accessibility of the rail network. We therefore work with other organisations across our network (including Network Rail and Station Facility Operators) to deliver accessibility improvements to facilities, systems and service delivery. Furthermore, we recognise the importance of implementing robust and customer focused processes that are consistent across the rail network and we will work proactively with stakeholders to achieve this goal.
WAYS TO BOOK YOUR ASSISTANCE
Our Passenger Assist team are available 24/7, except Christmas Day and Boxing Day. All our customers can book assistance using any of these dedicated channels:
- Via our webform:
- By the Passenger Assistance by TransReport App (available through the App Store and Google Play)
- By WhatsApp: 07816 123149 Simply message "Assisted Travel" to this number and our social media team can help with your booking (each day between 0600-2300, excluding Christmas Day and Boxing Day)
- By email: email@example.com
- By phone: 0800 031 8542
- By text relay: 18001 0800 031 8542
Accessible Travel Policy
Making Rail Accessible
- Our Accessible Travel Policy Full details of our ‘Accessible Travel Policy’, which provides details of our commitments to making our services accessible, can be viewed here.
- Our Accessible Travel Policy Passenger Leaflet: Making Rail Accessible: Helping Older and Disabled Passengers: a summary of practical information about travelling on our services and the wider rail network.
- Lumo Route Autism Guide; we offer a route guide specifically designed for people with autism. You can find it here to download or print it at your leisure.
- Our stations accessibility information: Available on our website at Where We Go.
- Our trains accessibility information: Available on our website at Onboard, providing details of the accessible features on our trains.
- Assistance Dogs UK Card: Available to download here.
All our leaflets are available to download both in standard and accessible formats. Our Accessible Travel Policy Passenger Leaflet is available from any staffed station where we call.
Our Passenger Assist team are available 24/7, except Christmas Day. To make sure that our colleagues can give you the best service and notify you if there is anything that will affect your journey, we recommend booking assistance at least two hours before your journey.