Lumo is your new service between London King’s Cross and Edinburgh Waverley, providing regular, cost effective 100% electric train travel as an alternative to flying and is just as time effective.
Welcome to our Accessible Travel pages, our commitment to delivering a consistent, excellent service, making journeys easy, convenient and accessible for all our customers. We are committed to ensuring that accessibility is at the forefront of each and every stage of the customer journey. We will ensure that the needs of customers requiring assistance, their companions and assistance dogs, are properly considered in all aspects of the customer journey, enabling them to travel confidently and independently.
We also recognise the importance of improving the accessibility of the rail network. We therefore work with other organisations across our network (including Network Rail and Station Facility Operators) to deliver accessibility improvements to facilities, systems and service delivery. Furthermore, we recognise the importance of implementing robust and customer focused processes that are consistent across the rail network and we will work proactively with stakeholders to achieve this goal.
Our Accessible Travel page is complemented by five other documents:
- Our Accessible Travel Policy Full details of our ‘Accessible Travel Policy’, which provides details of our commitments to making our services accessible, can be viewed here.
- Our Accessible Travel Policy Passenger Leaflet: Making Rail Accessible: Helping Older and Disabled Passengers: a summary of practical information about travelling on our services and the wider rail network.
- Lumo Route Autism Guide; we offer a route guide specifically designed for people with autism. You can find it here to download or print it at your leisure.
- Our stations accessibility information: Available on our website at Where We Go
- Our trains accessibility information: Available on our website at Onboard, providing details of the accessible features on our trains.
All our leaflets are available to download both in standard and accessible formats. Our Accessible Travel Policy Passenger Leaflet is available from any staffed station where we call.
Our Passenger Assist team are available 24/7, except Christmas Day. To make sure that our colleagues can give you the best service and notify you if there is anything that will affect your journey, we recommend booking assistance at least two hours before your journey.